Barry Khan has made a career of protecting the public purse and delivering on the ground breaking ambition of the public sector through his involvement in a number of major projects. He has been a Solicitor since 1999 and has managed multi-disciplinary teams in the public sector including property, facilities management, legal services, democratic services, information services and elections. He is committed to ensuring that excellent services are provided to all clients and his team.
First North Law is the first ABS to be approved by the Solicitors Regulation Authority from any local authority in the northern area. Barry has been appointed as a Director of First North Law and is the Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration.
Barry is confident that his team operates at a high level of professional standard with the right attitude to deliver an excellent service that puts the wishes of the customer at the heart of what we do.
Some key highlights of Barry’s experience:
- Barry has been a Council Solicitor and Monitoring Officer for over ten years and has delivered and led legal teams in all aspects of Local Government, including:
- Advising nine Councils on the acquisition of £1.5bn of infrastructure;
- Delivery of a £270m road scheme;
- Town Centre Regeneration in a number of town centres;
- Large scale voluntary transfer of Council houses;
- Variety of multi million pound procurement exercises and defended challenges;
- Defending a variety of Judicial Review proceedings in a number of areas;
- Running and defending election challenges;
- Advising on devolution and drafting relevant governance documents;
- Creation of numerous Local Government Special Purpose Vehicles, including wholly owned companies, charitable trusts and joint venture companies;
- Dealing with all aspects of Local Government Law