Lauren Barker has worked in the legal arena for over ten years. She obtained her Degree in Law in 2012 and is an Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives.
Some highlights of Lauren’s experience:
- Advises on a wide range of debt and civil litigation matters, from very small debts that are allocated to the Small Claims Court, to six figure sums that are allocated to the Multi-Track. Lauren has significant experience in the following:
- All pre-action work, including serving letters before action and negotiating with debtors/Defendants
- Drafting and issuing Court proceedings in the County Court
- Dealing with defended claims
- Obtaining and enforcement of Judgments
- Lauren provides a debt recovery service for over 350 educational establishments, including debts for school meals, before and after school fees, boarding fees, hire of facilities, music lessons and school trips.
- Lauren also advises on debt recovery matters to Local Authorities, including:
- Recovering outstanding residential care fees under the Care Act 2014
- Recovering costs under the Highways Act 1980
- Claims in negligence
- Breach of Contract claims
- Other costs that are recoverable under statute