Rachael Hansen has over 14 years’ experience of working in the legal field. She qualified as a Solicitor in 2006 and is an experienced advocate appearing in a wide range of Court arenas.
Some key highlights of Rachael’s experience:
- Specialist in education law, advising the Local Authority in respect of all matters including school organisation, school admissions and home to school transport. Rachael has developed particular expertise in advising on special educational needs and disability law.
- Advises schools and academies on a variety of education matters including employment law, challenging parental issues including complaints, Freedom of Information requests and Subject Access requests.
- Employment law – providing specialist advice to employers on all aspects of the employment relationship including insourcing/outsourcing including TUPE issues, large scale reorganisations and redundancy, discrimination and equality issues.
- Rachael advises on public sector equality duty and consultation processes. Rachael provides strategic advice on organisational development and strategies for avoiding legal challenge. She also advises on defending judicial review legal challenges.
- Before joining the Education, Employment and Litigation team, Rachael worked within the Children Social Care legal team, advising on all areas of safeguarding, child protection, care and adoption proceedings.
- Advising on cases before the High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Successfully defending numerous matters in Courts and Tribunals.