Unrivalled expertise in adult social care law, at your disposal
We have the skills and knowledge to provide expertise across all areas of adult social care law, as well as offering support and representation. We have gained unrivalled experience through working with one of the largest county councils in the UK, supporting their adult social care team.
As such, our expert team can provide all legal services in relation to:
- Safeguarding adults, mental health, mental capacity and best interests
- Deprivation of liberty
- Non-residential and residential charging, deprivation of assets and social care fraud
- Continuing health care funding
- Applications to the Court of Protection for best interests declarations
- Court applications under s29 Mental Health Act to displace a nearest relative
- Disputes relating to Ordinary Residence
- Judicial Review
- Access to information including advising in relation to requests for information received from the Police
- Attendance at inquests and hearings conducted by the NMC.
We can also offer broad-ranging corporate legal advice, including:
- Advisers to Local Safeguarding Adults Boards
- Specialist advice on serious case reviews
- Policy advice on major changes to services, including extra care, charging, assessment pathways, commissioning care
- Advising health and wellbeing boards.