Business and environmental services legal advice from the experts
With a strong background in providing legal services to local authorities, our business and environmental services team has a solid background in providing legal advice and guidance around business law and environmental law. We have a diverse range of expertise across a range of areas that are of great benefit to our clients.
Our team can offer advice, support and representation in relation to:
- Development planning, including advice on fracking and major mineral and waste application, nationally significant infrastructure projects, Section 106 Agreements, Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Regulations and planning enforcement
- Policy planning and development of Minerals and Waste Development Plans
- Highways, in particular, maintenance and improvement, s38 and s278 highway agreements, traffic and parking schemes, compulsory purchase and side road orders and public rights of way
- Statutory orders, including footpath orders, speed limits, etc.
- Waste management
- Environmental law and regulation
- Flooding, as lead flood authority, and drainage
- Planning and public rights of way inquiries
- Lands Tribunal claims
- Village green and common land applications and inquiries
- The compulsory purchase order process, CPO compensation, purchase notices and appropriation of land.
Corporate legal advice on business and environmental matters
We regularly provide advice on planning issues and members’ interests at Planning Committees, and act as a key adviser to internal Infrastructure Development Steering Groups, including advice on the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL).
We can also advise on:
- Judicial Review
- The Planning Code of Practice
- Proposals for supporting major housing developments